Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

In Raleigh, NC and looking to finally upgrade to HD with Locals. If I want to maximize signal strength to avoid Rain Fade would it be worth the hassle to use to Dish Rflector / Dishes vs one single Dish 1000?

Thanks!

bradesp

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
Raleigh HD locals (2 of them anyway) are now available at 118.75 so you'll be wanting a Dish 1000+. The Plus dish is larger than the regular 1000. We'll have to wait for installation reports from your area to see if 129 reception from that dish is better or worse than 61.5 from a separate dish. Either way you're getting the same Plus dish, the 129 LNB is an add-on that can be used on another dish instead.

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
I have a 2-dish install (Dish500 and Dish 300) instead of a Dish1000 and it seems a lot better than the signal levels were when trying the Dish1000 during my recent upgrade a few weeks ago.

I am inquiring about getting my Dish500 upgraded to a Dish500+ so I can get those Raleigh locals but keep my 2-dish installation. I would not want a Dish1000+ to get locals if it would sacrifice my signal levels on 129, which based on recent experience it definately would for me. Your mileage may vary though.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
What I didn't say clearly, or more accurately omitted, is that the 500+ and 1000+ are the same dish. The difference is the add-on bracket and LNB for 129.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.