DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think a software update will fix the 4K Joey. It is a hardware deficiency, nothing software can do.

While Dish was using 540-1 in 4K non HDR, 4K Joey's worked fine as did my Samsung 2015 non HDR 4K TV coonnected to my Hopper3.

But now I get NO 4K just because some nimnal at Dish decided to switch all the 4K to HDR and leave us early adopters out in the cold.

Hey Dish DUMMIES put 540-1 back up without HDR so the other half of your 4K consumerbase can have 4K, too!
So what is confusing to me is the Browns-Packers game was on 540-2 on Christmas day and was able to watch it on the TV connected to my 4KJoey but the way I got to the channel was via the game finder app. So either that games was not in HDR but just on that channel 540-2 or my 4k Joey passed the HDR broadcast to my TV which has HDR capability.

At the time I was not able to prove HDR, but I did watch the game on channel 540-2 via a 4K joey.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So what is confusing to me is the Browns-Packers game was on 540-2 on Christmas day and was able to watch it on the TV connected to my 4KJoey but the way I got to the channel was via the game finder app. So either that games was not in HDR but just on that channel 540-2 or my 4k Joey passed the HDR broadcast to my TV which has HDR capability.

At the time I was not able to prove HDR, but I did watch the game on channel 540-2 via a 4K joey.
The reason I keep saying it is confusion is because I have more than a few conversations with Dish Support, and depending on who you talk to you get all kinds of answers which are for the Most part incorrect. The last conversation I had the support person "in US" stated that neither the Hopper nor the 4K joey had HDR that was only a TV requirement.
In an Above Post "Harsh" stated "4K Joey supports UHDTV1" tried to research that and all I find is that HDR requires 10 Bits vs 8 Bits but HDMI is serial and Dish does not share the internal components so can some one explain how they know HDR cannot be fix by software? Note I do have both operating system internals and computer hardware background. TVs are just not my background.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update, yesterday 1-16-2022, channel 540-2 had eagles/ buccaneers Football game. I when to the hopper 3 recorded the game, after it was over as I expect the 4K joey would not display the recording. Today I went back to the hopper and copied the game to my external hard drive. After it had copied to the external hard drive, I went to the 4 K joey and could see the recording that was on my external HDD. SO I hit play and I was able to watch the game via the 4K Joey– I check the TV and it displayed I was watch 3840 X 2160 60HZ in HDR mode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please next time (or you did record of it?!) press Info button on your TV remote - to pull the info what TV is getting from $k joey
I record the NFL game on channel 540-2 on 1-16-2022 from my Hopper 3 - could not see it from the 4K joey until I moved the recording to my external Hard drive. Once it was on the external HDD I was able to watch it from the 4K Joey and My TV indicated it was 3840X2160 60HZ HDR mode. So must not be a hardware issue, but somehow related to software.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts