DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple days ago I couldnt get my HD channels but got everything else. Today ONLY have my local channels from the local channel part of the Dtv sattelite. I have nothing else. Just a black screen. I check the signal strength and both read 95. The weather is clear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

873 Posts
Have you tried an RBR, or, red-button reboot? I had the opposite happen to me this week where I couldn't watch my locals, SD or HD. I could watch all other channels. Doing an RBR worked for me.

· Legend
137 Posts
USCswimming said:
A couple days ago I couldnt get my HD channels but got everything else. Today ONLY have my local channels from the local channel part of the Dtv sattelite. I have nothing else. Just a black screen. I check the signal strength and both read 95. The weather is clear.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I had the same thing happen to me tonight - a RBR cleared it just fine.

· Godfather
439 Posts
If a reboot doesn't work, a call to DirecTV might. Nothing on the SAT channels may mean they somehow cancelled your service.

At some point a few years ago I mysteriously found myself with movie channels. I had not ordered them, There was no "free trial" going on. I called D*TV to make sure I wasn't paying for them. They said I or someone had ordered them using my online account with them. I hadn't. My wife hadn't. I asked if they could tell me when or how frequently my account had been accessed since I hadn't gone there in several months. In the end the agreed to cancel the movie channels and credit my account for any charges relating to them. They also gave me a new password for my D*TV.com account.

This also brings up an interesting question.... Can an HR20 be used as a PVR for local channels even if you cancel your D*TV service? Just curious.

· Registered
8,671 Posts
4DThinker said:
This also brings up an interesting question.... Can an HR20 be used as a PVR for local channels even if you cancel your D*TV service? Just curious.
I don't think so.. won't get any guide data.. or know what channels are avalible.. I think earl said no too once..

· Godfather
371 Posts
houskamp said:
Thats my cat Junior he's a 17# brittish shorthair... my pal...:)
Yah, I have an orange tabby named Damien.
And his name fits well.

My Jack Russell and the cat are my pals. Their a riot.:) :) :)

SORRY for being off topic.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
4DThinker said:
FWIW: Before my HR-20 was activated, I could get OTA channels & the guide info, but [of course] I got the 721 [I think] for all of my D* channels, until D* finally figured out how [took three departments & an hour] to activate the HR-20 .

· DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
Same thing happened to my HR20 this morning. I could only get channels 2,4,5,7 in HD. Did a RBR and everything is back up and working again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.