DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I run a check on my 522 the reciever says only odd transponders. When I plug straight from each dish to the reciver I get 119 - ODD, 110 All, but when I go to siginal strength it is only showing values for odd transponders, and 105 only recieves odd.

Is this an aiming issue, or something else?

·
Icon
546 Posts
thickerson555 said:
When I run a check on my 522 the reciever says only odd transponders. When I plug straight from each dish to the reciver I get 119 - ODD, 110 All, but when I go to siginal strength it is only showing values for odd transponders, and 105 only recieves odd.

Is this an aiming issue, or something else?
Most likely your LNB is on the fritz. :nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
thickerson555 said:
But it is 3 different lnb's. I have a 105 superdish, and none of them get siginal on the odd transponders.
Could you clarify your problem in one post you say you are getting odd only in your next post you are not getting the odds? What switch are you using DP34? What are you showing for signal strength?:)

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,422 Posts
thickerson555 said:
But it is 3 different lnb's. I have a 105 superdish, and none of them get siginal on the odd transponders.
IIRC, you shouldn't be getting much of anything on 105. There are six active transponders and 2 and 18 are the only even ones.

I'm suspicious that you have a bad cable or a weak power supply in your receiver.

·
8 Posts
do you have any diplexers in your setup? we had the same problem (odd) and it was a failed diplexer, not the LNB....i guess diplexers aren't very common for many installations, but, perhaps this is the problem?? :)

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no, no diplexer. It goes dish >>>> dp34 switch >>>> recievers.

Does it hurt anything to plug the reciever straight to the dish? Skip the switch?

Now I am confused. I connected my second reciever to another port of the dp34, and ran a check switch, and now it says it gets all evens and odds. Tv is working but there is a few second black screen after changing channels, and I get channel 9900 it says congrats dish 500

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok. I get all the channels with my 522 sat1 in plugged into port 1 of the switch. If I plug any other port of the switch into sat2 in of my 522 I get an error that says I have a faulty switch, or bad wiring.

How can I diagnose the switch?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,990 Posts
Bypass the switch, if that corrects the problem then its the switch. Since all three show no odd, might be the switch.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
A couple things.
1.)Check your coax for breaks.
2.)Check your cable end connections.
3.)and in-line through connectors?(sometimes these will not allow all signals to be received.I had this problem and I run another cable direct to the Dish to receiver and it corrected it.
4.)Check your Switch with another one or without the switch direct.

No it will not have any effect on the receiver to check switch without a switch installed as long as you individually check each LNB seperately.

SSDA67

·
Hall Of Fame
3,990 Posts
Another thing, odd and even are transmitted at different frequencies, perhaps a corroded cable might kill the odd.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.