DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· AllStar
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have Twonkymedia running on a Synology DS-101g+ NAS device. It is the same software as the PC or MAC version, but it is compiled for Power PC Linux which is what the NAS shell runs on. I also installed the appropriate plug-in - and all of my music has notes beside the title and not "X"'s. (Without the plug-in I have X's)

So whenever I try to play music I get the appropriate display on the screen, and all I hear is white noise. Photo browsing works great.

I've been trying to figure this one out with no luck. I have been running Twonkyvison for over a year and my other digital music streamers in the house work well with it.

Any ideas? :confused:

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
it probably doesn't have the LPMC conversion plugin.

· AllStar
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
it probably doesn't have the LPMC conversion plugin.
Hey Earl,
Yes, it does. . .I downloaded the LPMC conversion plugin and placed it in the cgi-bin subdirectory. It's listed on the Twonkyvision site under MP3 -> LPCM transcoding plugin as "Linux PowerPC glibc 2.2.5". Without the plugin I just get an X by the song title. . . .

NM

· AllStar
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slaz55 said:
Yes and Elgato Eyeconnect has a LPMC plugin and produces just white noise
It's the same LAME plugin used for Windoze, only compiled for the PPC CPU in my diskstation. Could that really make the difference? I wonder if there are command line switches or something that can be used to fix it????

NM

6 Posts
Any updates on this issue? I just set up my PPC-based Buffalo Linkstation NAS to act as my media server using TwonkyMedia. All the aforementioned plugins are loaded in the cgi-bin folder. Music plays just fine on both of my WinXP machines in the house, but I only get white noise on the HR20.

I thought I saw Earl comment some time ago that DirecTV is aware of the desire in the user community for Mac support. I'm a newbie to this stuff, but is it safe to assume (yeah, I know) that Mac support is synonymous with PPC support?

Is it foolish to continue to hope for a solution, or should I cut bait now and look for a different (non-PPC NAS) solution? I'm not in a major hurry on this - if there's a reasonable chance that it is going to get addressed in the next couple months, no biggie. But if it is just a pipe dream for whatever reason, then I'll move on sooner than later.

· Hall Of Fame
3,817 Posts
barneyferd said:
Any updates on this issue? I just set up my PPC-based Buffalo Linkstation NAS to act as my media server using TwonkyMedia. All the aforementioned plugins are loaded in the cgi-bin folder. Music plays just fine on both of my WinXP machines in the house, but I only get white noise on the HR20.

I thought I saw Earl comment some time ago that DirecTV is aware of the desire in the user community for Mac support. I'm a newbie to this stuff, but is it safe to assume (yeah, I know) that Mac support is synonymous with PPC support?

Is it foolish to continue to hope for a solution, or should I cut bait now and look for a different (non-PPC NAS) solution? I'm not in a major hurry on this - if there's a reasonable chance that it is going to get addressed in the next couple months, no biggie. But if it is just a pipe dream for whatever reason, then I'll move on sooner than later.
I do not know if anyone with an Intel Mac has had any luck getting music to stream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.