DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OpenTV saw its fifth consecutive quarter of more than two million middleware deployments during the three-month period that ended March 31, bringing its cumulative worldwide base for its interactive TV products to more than 23.5 million.

For the first quarter, OpenTV's revenues were $20.2 million, compared to $22.4 million for the quarter that ended March 31, 2001. Recurring revenues accounted for 35 percent of total revenues for first quarter 2002, compared to 15 percent for first quarter 2001.

OpenTV's pro-forma net loss was $9.4 million for the first quarter, compared to a pro-forma net loss of $12 million for the same period in 2001.

"Despite a very challenging economic environment, we are executing on our strategy of offering a full suite of interactive television content, applications and technologies that create both new and recurring revenue streams for the Company," said OpenTV CEO James Ackerman. "Going forward, we believe our ability to leverage the more than 23.5 million OpenTV-enabled set-top boxes in the field, our healthy cash position, and our commitment to effective expense management provides us with a strong competitive advantage and positions us well for long-term growth."

From http://www.skyreport.com (Used with permission)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
But at least on Dish, even though it may be on both my recievers I never use any of the open TV apps more than 1 week before going back to my old way of getting the answer. That was like when IBM used to say that there are X many deployments of OS/2 because they came on all the IBM machines sold. Not working into the fact that somepeople would go out and replace OS/2 with Windows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.