DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an opener for .csv files, I ran across a free app for PCs called FreeOpener. It is a file 'opener', 'viewer' and 'player' for many, many file types. So much so that it could be considered a universal file-format opener.

http://www.freeopener.com/

I have just downloaded the app, but before I install it, I want to know if anyone here has used FreeOpener, and if so, what your experience has been.

tia

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
csv files are just exports of data files in text files with data separated by comma's, hence the reason for the type of file(C[/Bomma Separated Value].

Heck you can open them with notepad...you want to parse them, you'll need to use something else. Any spreadsheet or database program will do the trick, which is where they would have come from in the 1st place(or an export from some type of mainframe database).

· Hall Of Fame
3,254 Posts
The short CNET review convinced me to try FreeOpener.

Great program! A quick easy way to look at PDF's, view an Excel spreadsheet, and even play music.

Thanks Nick!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.