DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I messed up when we sold our house in October 2021. We have been a Directv customer since November 1998 at the same location.

We are building a new home so temp living in a RV and sent my 3 Genie units back to Directv keeping my stand alone HD/DVR HR24/500 and HR24/200.

Now with home about complete contacted Directv to order 4 new stand alone HD/DVR and they tell me they are no longer available as HD/DVR stand alone units.....I can only get a HD stand alone unit without DVR....plus they are charging me $300 with some loyalty credits to get such units....I should've done the move process and then upgraded to stand alone HD/DVR's.

When I go to their website and see they still over but I cannot order anything for whatever reason.

My overall goal was to have 6 total HD/DVR stand alone units ---- any suggestions?

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,725 Posts
You’re pretty much screwed. DirecTV changed their policy last July on HDDVR’s. I was able to get one a couple months back, but that involved Protection Plan and Solid Signal and a competent Loyalty CSR.

What 3 Genie unit models did you send back when you sold your house? Was it a Genie and two clients or ?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
So I messed up when we sold our house in October 2021. We have been a Directv customer since November 1998 at the same location.

We are building a new home so temp living in a RV and sent my 3 Genie units back to Directv keeping my stand alone HD/DVR HR24/500 and HR24/200.

Now with home about complete contacted Directv to order 4 new stand alone HD/DVR and they tell me they are no longer available as HD/DVR stand alone units.....I can only get a HD stand alone unit without DVR....plus they are charging me $300 with some loyalty credits to get such units....I should've done the move process and then upgraded to stand alone HD/DVR's.

When I go to their website and see they still over but I cannot order anything for whatever reason.

My overall goal was to have 6 total HD/DVR stand alone units ---- any suggestions?
Try Contacting Solid signal --They can help you get what you want. Based on this Blog Post below

What to do if you still have a DIRECTV HR24 | The Solid Signal Blog

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,725 Posts

And this post may or may not be helpful to you too. If you get H24’s which is a still tuner, they will do whole home and you can play recordings off your other HR24’s via the H24.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
As of a few days back they shipped an H24 for my grandma (took 2 days with loyalty department). And I reactivated an THR22 but had to go thru loyalty department, customer support said they can't activate them anymore and offer me a free genie. Installer said they have about a dozen HR24's but swaps and installs for them are rare now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts