DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OT Public Service Announcement: Check your TiVo's!!

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  spanishannouncetable 
#1 ·
For those who are still using a TiVo as backup but don't touch them much otherwise, please be aware that there have been real problems the last couple of weeks with programs not recording and searches not working. This seems to be an identified issue that D* is working on.

At the moment the only fix is frequent reboots and manual calls, followed by checking the to do list carefully.

Note the thread over at TCF about this:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=332166

#2 ·
I use an R10 for my Standard recordings so thanks for the heads up.

#3 ·
Just a quick update - after following the advice of the posters at TCF (basically reset, followed by daily call, followed by wait 4 hours), my R10 is feeling fine. It seems that I'll have to do that every 3-4 days until it's fixed.

#4 ·
Does this affect the old SD TiVo's? I have one of those as my backup unit, and it is working great. (I read about this problem at tvpredictions.com)

#8 ·
I don't feel like reading that huge thread, but I'd be really shocked if all of the sudden my R10 had a screwup. It's been rock solid for over a year. Never missed a recording. It's still as slow as the day I got it ;)

Guess I spoke too soon. King of Queens was not in the To Do list (it was in the HR20's though).

#9 ·
mtnagel said:
I don't feel like reading that huge thread, but I'd be really shocked if all of the sudden my R10 had a screwup. It's been rock solid for over a year. Never missed a recording. It's still as slow as the day I got it ;)
Easiest way to check for the bug is to do a wishlist search. Search by Actor, for example. If no actors are listed, the bug is there.

#10 ·
lamontcranston said:
Easiest way to check for the bug is to do a wishlist search. Search by Actor, for example. If no actors are listed, the bug is there.
I have no actors that start with the letter A or B. Guess I'm hit. Tell me more. Do I just need to babysit it and manually set up stuff to record (yes I'm still to lazy to read the TCF thread)?

#11 ·
mtnagel said:
I have no actors that start with the letter A or B. Guess I'm hit. Tell me more. Do I just need to babysit it and manually set up stuff to record (yes I'm still to lazy to read the TCF thread)?
Here's what I did -

1. Restart the Recorder
2. Make Daily Call Now
3. (wait 4-5 hours)

Check the Indexing section in System Information. When everything is hunky dory it should never be more than a couple days old.

#13 ·
sigma1914 said:
LoL@the Tivo huggers. Are they gonna slam the unit like they do the HR20 here.
List of active complaint topics updated today on the R20 forum :
- Catalog of HR20 Bugs
- OTA/ATSC: Channel Issues (Take 2)
- HDMI - 0x10b; What issues still remain?
- Not seeing Music and Pictures
- Poll: Black Screen Problem - Poll - HDMI related?
- So, is anyone happy with the HR20?
- I'm so sick of this crap...
- It's just not fun
- Poll: Black Screen Bug 2007
- Why do channels just disappear?
- Audio Dropouts on DVR playback
- Problems with HD Channels

List of active complaint topics updated today on the TiVo forum :
- Season Pass Problem (TiVo fixes itself after a reset, I don't believe a dial-out is required)
- HR 10-250 issue (failing hard drive on OP's 10-250 unit only, matter closed)

Suck it, sigma1914 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.