DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
There are a huge number of possible reasons...

They're not broadcasting
They're broadcasting a weak signal that your antenna can't pick up
They're broadcasting from a different direction than your antenna is pointing
Multipath is getting in the way
You have a UHF antenna, and they are broadcasting on a VHF channel

Going to need a great deal more information from you to help narrow down the problem. Or, go over the AVSForums and check out your Pittsburgh OTA thread in the Local HDTV forum.

·
AllStar
51 Posts
knn said:
Hooked up the OTA and I'm getting alll stations Here in PGH Pa except for ABC Channel 4 here. Any reason why? Thanks
another possible reason is that something's up with their PSIP generator. I lost my local CBS OTA for about 3 weeks when their PSIP went down.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thanks alot, if it is there I well get er.. Just seemed funny I got everything else but them.. They are closer than acouple of others that I picked up. Well try some other things..

·
AllStar
51 Posts
knn said:
Ok Thanks alot, if it is there I well get er.. Just seemed funny I got everything else but them.. They are closer than acouple of others that I picked up. Well try some other things..
Here's a thought. Besides doing a scan for available OTA, try to manually add the ABC OTA, you'll have to find out what channel their DTV is on. In the 622 menu for that, once you select the channel, it will show a signal strength bar at the bottom of the screen. If it shows NO signal, they're probably not transmitting. If it shows good signal (say 75 or more), but it won't "lock on", it could be their PSIP.

If I remember right, that's what was going on when my local CBS had their PSIP down. Signal strength was plenty good, like 85, but wouldn't lock on. The guy at the station said some people could get it OK with the PSIP down but others couldn't.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ABC here is Channel 4 WTAE in PGH Pa . They broadcast on UHF.. How would I go about finding out what transmit number they are on? They are like 15 miles from me as the crow fly's.. Thanks.. All other chanels are coming in wit a very strong signal..

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it.. transmits on 51.. Had to use a diff antenna.. Weak signal around 60.. Very very cloudy hear today.. But going to try it up in the upstairs.. Thanks for you help everyone.. Km

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.