DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to put up an ota antenna so that I can pick up the extra (-2,-3,etc) channels. I was wondering if anyone knew if one of these would work with a slimline 5 dish. I dont have enough posts yet to put links but both can be found on the winegard website under mounts.

Winegard DS 1111 Antenna Mount for Satellite Dishes (DS-1111) or
Winegard DS 2000 Universal 22" Pipe / Tower Mount for Off-Air Antenna (DS-2000)

I would kind of like to use something like this so I don't have to make anymore holes in the roof. I have a channel master stealth 3010 that works pretty well inside, but would like to put it outside.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,489 Posts
I suggest going to tvfool.com to see distance, direction, and potential signal strengths first.

·
Registered
12,590 Posts
I think that those antennas are designed for the smaller diameter masts used with the older satellite dishes. The SlimLine uses a bigger 2" mast.

Also, check out the Dallas thread at the "Local HDTV Reception Forum" for the best antenna advice from experts in your area. The antennas you mentioned might work OK at close distances, but aren't designed for the best reception.

·
Legend
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i already checked out the antenna info. i am getting all but 1 channel with the antenna on top of my entertainment system inside. i am pretty sure the other will come in when i get it on the roof as it is in the same direction and distance away as the others. i can currently get the analog version of that channel very well so i dont know why the digital isnt coming in.

as for the masts, the 2000 says it works on up to 2 inch O.D. mast.
the 1111 looks like it attaches to the bracket where the dish attaches to its mast. it just doesn't say what dishes it works with, it just says it works with most.

·
Legend
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the Winegard DS 2000 and attached my channel master stealthtenna to the dish. I am able to pick up every local digital channel. It attached very easily. I did buy some longer u-bolts at home depot, but i'm not sure if it was really necessary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.