DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think some people are confused by this.
OTA channel guide info is taken from the ZIP code(s) you enter for Primary/Secondary market.
So just because the channel shows up in your guide doesn't mean you get a signal from it.
That is why they allow you to edit the list of channels to delete those that have a "no signal". I have a lot of these, especially in my secondary market.
Okay?
Dave

·
DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
Your right. The thing I wish I had now was a way to turn on channels that do not show up on the guide. This way I could setup a channel manualy so I don't have to bypass the HR20 to view it.

Bret

·
Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bret4 said:
Your right. The thing I wish I had now was a way to turn on channels that do not show up on the guide. This way I could setup a channel manualy so I don't have to bypass the HR20 to view it.

Bret
Yah, manual entry would be nice.
Or for me, a Tertiary market. I sit in a unique location where I can get signals from Sacramento/Stockton market, Fresno/Visalia market, AND SFO/Oakland market.

·
Legend
148 Posts
The Phantom Ghost said:
What about the ones I know that I should be getting? I have a signal that is 100 percent. I just get the searching for signal 771.
You can confirm 100%?

I have notice occassional 771s when I first tune to the channel and it sometimes takes 3 secs to lock in.
Give it up to 10 secs to see if it it locks in.
Either way definitely an issue and I am waiting to see if it happens on a record that switches to the tuner from another channel.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
Are those really channels that you get OTA? I get a strong signal on two channels on the HR20 and when I attach the antenna to the TV they are not there. Could be some kind of interferance making the HR20 tunner think there is a signal on those channels.

Bret

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Not that it was supposed to, but update 0x10b did not change the missing channels issue. I still have the same missing channels as referenced in my prior post with respect to 0x108. No biggie...I really didn't think the update had anything to do with the database that enumerates the channels in a market.

Note: this is NOT a reception issue...it is D*'s database not knowing about several sub channels and two main channels. All the MAJOR networks are showing up, but CW and one other do not, as well as a weather radar and weather summary channel.

·
Legend
110 Posts
They are channels I get on the television and even 10-250. Since the signals are there, I assume that I should be getting them. Maybe I'm missing something.

Oh well, I have faith that it will be taken care of. They seem to be getting there, slowly but surely.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
The Phantom Ghost said:
They are channels I get on the television and even 10-250. Since the signals are there, I assume that I should be getting them. Maybe I'm missing something.

Oh well, I have faith that it will be taken care of. They seem to be getting there, slowly but surely.
Post in the sticky above about this, that's partially what it's for, to track signals you are getting a lock on with another receiver/TV but the HR20 isn't locking on them.

·
Legend
110 Posts
The reason that I haven't posted in the sticky is this. I thought that I had orignally got the channels 3-1 and 3-2 for example. I thought I had checked them both. I must not have though. The reason I figured out that I didn't have 3-2 is I set up to record Las Vegas, which I have a series link for on the sd channels. I stet it up to record but didn't stop the sd recording. When I came home to see how everything recorded, I hit play on the HD version and had the blank screen with 0:00. I thought it was just the bug I've read about because it recorded ok in sd. But when I went to the channel, I got the "Searching for Signal:771". So I checked the signal and it was 100%. I have 3-1 but not 3-2. Anyway, I thought maybe it was a bug.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Do please post in that Sticky Thread.
To keep things kinda streamlined for DirecTV, they are watching that thread and evaluating each situation...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.