DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my 622 a couple of weeks ago and after I set up my locks I noticed that my OTA broadcast channels were all then locked. (I do not subscribe to locals because I get them all and more in HD from my antenna).

After alot of checking I discovered that OTA channels all have a default rating of NR/AO. I checked with dish network and the first CS rep told me what I was experiencing was not happening and there is no way their receiver was affecting my OTA channels running through it.

Upon talking to a supervisor, as we walked through it, he realized it was a bug in the software and said he would report it. He said he had never heard of it before. I just hope it is followed through on.

I would like to give E* the benefit of the doubt and think that some overzealos product manager determined that sice the guide information wasn't available that they should have a NR/AO designation. However, OTA channels are regulated by the FCC and would not fit in the AO category so a simple NR rating is fine.

My deep down gut tells me that it was some MBAs decision to push those who didn't subscribe to locals to pay another $5.00 to get the info to keep the channels from being locked. Problem is, I'm screwed either way because E* doesn't have Omaha HD locals available.:(

Has anyone else reported this problem to Dish?

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Yes, it's been reported (several times). I wouldn't expect it to be changed anytime soon. You'd get OTA guide data if Dish offers SD locals in Omaha, even if they don't offer the HD ones, but of course, that would cost you the $5 a month.

·
AllStar
66 Posts
I keep waiting for the NR and AO to be separated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.