DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a terk outdoor slim profile antenna in the attic. WOW!!The pcture of the received channel is fantastic , espically the Dolphin-Lion game. I now know what D*tv HDlite means. Antennaweb says I am 38.3 miles from the transmission (NYC northern suburbs). CBS(2-1), ABC(7-1,2,3), FOX(5-1,2), WOR(9-1),wxtv (41-1) all come in fine. NBC (4-1,2,4), WPIX (11-1,2,) WNET(local pbs) (13-1,2,3), WLIW (21-2,3), WNYE (25-1,2), which are suppose to be on the 199 degrees and the same distance have no reception. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks. Happy thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Check out the "Local HDTV Reception Forum" at http://www.avsforum.com and find the thread for your NYC. There you can ask folks in your neighborhood what antennas work well for them.

I'm not a big fan of antenna amplifiers because they tend to amplify the noise and multipath along with the signal, so the net improvement is often minimal.

Common top antenna choices include the Channel Master CM4228 and CM4248, but they're UHF-only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.