DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - when we got the OTA I set up and scanned for my channels, no problems... Well the local FOX station must have remapped or changed their HD channel. So my TIVO rescanned and found it... However I can not get my HR20 to re scan.

I've done a reset in the OTA menu, removed all chanels, added them... I can't figure out what I need to do. Has anyone else had this issue?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
jsherm007 said:
So there's no feature to search for OTA's like the Tivo? That's not good...
No, there is no "scanning" option on the HR20.
It will only enable channels that you have guide data for.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
jsherm007 said:
So there's no feature to search for OTA's like the Tivo? That's not good...
No, there isn't. Many of us OTA freaks are hoping they add it. There does not appear to be any hardware reason it couldn't be added. It's an open question how motivated they might be to do so.

At this point, I'm sooooo grateful to even have OTA in the HR20, that I'm going to keep my powder dry, as for many others there are bigger fish to fry. My OTA works quite well, but it is finicky. Once I got everything optimized it has worked just dandy for me. I have some missing channels, but none of them are "important". I get all the major networks, plus PBS in beautiful HD! My recordings of same have gone flawlessly.

· AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there is guide data for channel 47.1, but it seems the actual UHF channel has changed. So the 47.1 that there is guide data for has a black screen, the same thing happened on my TIVO where the 47.1 was black.

With the TIVO I did a new channel scan, and it found channel 47.1 so I had TWO 47.1's on the TIVO, and I deleted the one that was black. But on the HR20 it only has the black one.

· I am Iron Man!
1,672 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
No, there is no "scanning" option on the HR20.
It will only enable channels that you have guide data for.
But it is extensive. I can get all 40+ local channels via OTA on my HR20 that I got with the antenna plugged into the TV. It is based on your zip code. So if you do not get what you expect, you could try another zip code. Also when you activate OTA, it give you your default zip code. Just reenter your zip code over those numbers. I heard there was a bug where you had to do this or else it will not work right.

· Legend
151 Posts
jsherm007
two channel 47.1? We just through that in the new york area with wpix, channel 11. It was finally worked out after a few weeks. Calls where made by a few, myself included, to both the station enginner and directv. Definitely call D* and voice the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.