DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
PERFECT! It's time to set the mattresses on fire and bang our tin cups on the bars again...after all...it worked last time.:D

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
nocaster said:
I wonder if all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this forum made any real difference in the release time of OTA.
We HAVE to think so, or we can't have any fun!:D

·
Mentor
49 Posts
My complaint:
Where's my HD Locals (Harrisburg)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

I don't want an antenna!!!!!!!!!

·
Legend
150 Posts
Well it's good to know that D* does listen to their customers. OTA is too big a part of the DTV/HD landscape to ignore at this time.

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
Mike Huss said:
Oh Chris, that was one big can o' worms you opened up there! Watch for the complaint threads to fly now!!
jaywdetroit said:
So are you saying that it would be worth our time to start yelling and screaming about Dual Live Buffers?? :)
Dang, guess I should have kept my mouth shut. :)

Seriously though, the input from the forum has been a major factor in the progression of bug fixes and enhancements including OTA. All we need to do is keep the atmosphere productive and the engineers will listen.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
I know another thread was closed to praise (which is fine), but I want to thank all you guys for the work you're doing to get D* to listen and move on the various issues. In today's world, trust (or lack of it) is a big deal with customers, and some people have no opportunity to make a difference in their experiences, but it seems this board has been a place where despite some big problems, a difference is being made. Thanks to Earl and Chris and all the others for their tireless work. Even with both hands tied behind your backs, you've still been able to stay in the fight and win some rounds, and it's appreciated.

·
Icon
968 Posts
i vote for getting the "Keep Until I Delete" logic fixed so that it actually keeps something until I choose to delete it. :)

·
Legend
150 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
I know another thread was closed to praise (which is fine), but I want to thank all you guys for the work you're doing to get D* to listen and move on the various issues. In today's world, trust (or lack of it) is a big deal with customers, and some people have no opportunity to make a difference in their experiences, but it seems this board has been a place where despite some big problems, a difference is being made. Thanks to Earl and Chris and all the others for their tireless work. Even with both hands tied behind your backs, you've still been able to stay in the fight and win some rounds, and it's appreciated.
Earl should be hired by D* as a PR guy. He is unflappable and has done a very good job of keeping the "angry mob" appeased.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
nocaster said:
Earl should be hired by D* as a PR guy. He is unflappable and has done a very good job of keeping the "angry mob" appeased.
Oh please don't go there. We have seen many people saying he already is. :lol:

Most of us know the real fact though, he isn't employed by DTV nor does he get anything for doing all of this.

·
Icon
764 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
As a newbie here, I would certainly like to echo this. I thank all of you, and esp Earl who is apparently the founder, for helping me ramp up to this stuff, and esp for acting as some sort of channel to D* (which apparetnly is how we refer to DirecTV-I am learning) :)

I think some kudos to D* are in order for listening as well. Yes they should fix stuff, and take suggestions, definitely. But many companies do not. Look at Electronic Arts, who put out the same game every year, be it Madden, Tiger Woods, etc, with one or two new features, rarely, if ever, do anything to patch their current versions problems etc.

So a simple thanks to all. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Can I complain about the fact that this rollout is going to take several days?:D

Seriously, I want the manual recording bug fix more than I want OTA but I still have to wait.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.