DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that DirecTV has some fixes already in place for some of the OTA channels that where having problems..

Please let us know if you are seeing some previous unavailable OTA networks, available now in the guide.

They are working hand-in-hand with the Guide Data provider and some of the affiliates to get all the reported OTA issues (with respects to the guide data), corrected.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I have been told that DirecTV has some fixes already in place for some of the OTA channels that where having problems..

Please let us know if you are seeing some previous unavailable OTA networks, available now in the guide.

They are working hand-in-hand with the Guide Data provider and some of the affiliates to get all the reported OTA issues (with respects to the guide data), corrected.
I just checked here in the Des Moines DMA and there is no change.

Missing:

8-2 KCCI Weather Shorts
13-2 WHO Weather Radar
23-1 KPWG
56-1 CW

I completely redid "initial setup" so it would look for new channels...no joy.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hasan...

however, I don't to see this thread become another: report of what is missing; LIke this one is for:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=73033

So only post if you now have some channels that where there earlier on.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
Hey Earl,
Any word about us who have the channels in the guide but have "not acquired" on the OTA tuners?

Thanks for all your info

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
badit11 said:
Hey Earl,
Any word about us who have the channels in the guide but have "not acquired" on the OTA tuners?

Thanks for all your info
Other then they are working on it, no update.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Cool Member
24 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lfix2 said:
Earl,

Does the HR20 get the channel info (Freq) from the guide or does it do a scan to aquire that info?
From the Guide

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
From the Guide
Earl,

When the HR20 tunes to a channel does it use the guide data or is the guide data only used during setup.

I guess what I'm getting at is if the guiide data is used only during setup then you would need to rerun setup to get the tuner to tune to the correct freq.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Lfix2 said:
Earl,

When the HR20 tunes to a channel does it use the guide data or is the guide data only used during setup.

I guess what I'm getting at is if the guiide data is used only during setup then you would need to rerun setup to get the tuner to tune to the correct freq.
I doubt it is looking up the VHF/UHF frequency for OTA channels from the guide every time you change the channel. Fairly certain that all of that is taken care of during the initial setup for OTA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.