AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent this e-mail to [email protected]

Do you think I will get an answer?

:)

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello:

I recently added the SD package for the local stations in the Youngstown, OH area to my dish network account. The only reason I did this was to be able to see the EPG for the local HD channels I have connected to my ViP622 receiver.

The SD channels you provide in that package are:

WFMJ - Ch 21 - NBC
WKBN - Ch 27 - CBS
WYTV - Ch 33 - ABC
WNEO - Ch 45 - PBS
WYFX - Ch 62 - FOX

The HD OTA channels I can receive are:

WFMJ/DT - Ch 20.1 - NBC - Displayed as 021-1
WFMJ/DT2 - Ch 20.2 - CW - Displayed as 021-2
WKBNM/DT - Ch 41.1 - CBS - Displayed as 027-1
WKBN/DT2 - Ch 41.2 - FOX - Displayed as 027-2
WYTV/DT - Ch 36.1 - ABC - Displayed as 033-1
WYTV/DT2 - Ch 36.2 - My Network TV - Displayed as 033-2
WNEO/DT - Ch 46.1 - PBS - Displayed as 045-1
WNEO/DT2 - Ch 46.2 - PBS - Displayed as 045-2
WNEO/DT3 - Ch 46.3 - PBS - Displayed as 045-3
WNEO/DT4 - Ch 46.4 - PBS - Displayed as 045-4

Now since you do not carry the CW, My Network TV, and all the PBS stations, I did not expect to receive the EPG for those OTA HD channels. I did ecpect to receive the EPG for trhe NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX stations. NBC and ABC to work. The EPG guide data for my OTA HD channels is displayed as expected. However, the EPG for CBS and FOX do not work. I spent over an hour on the telephone with one of your techs, and there was no change. He told me to "wait a day or two to see if it will work". That obviously made no difference.

Is there something that can be done on your end to map the dish SD channel EPG into my OTA HD channels for CBS and FOX? It would make programming the DVR much easier and provide much better listings in the DVR schedule than "Digital Service".

Or, is there something I can do on my end to make this work?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I look forward to your response.

Yours truly,

James S. Isabella

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
JSIsabella said:

Hello:

I recently added the SD package for the local stations in the Youngstown, OH area to my dish network account. The only reason I did this was to be able to see the EPG for the local HD channels I have connected to my ViP622 receiver.

WFMJ - Ch 21 - NBC
WKBN - Ch 27 - CBS
WYTV - Ch 33 - ABC
WNEO - Ch 45 - PBS
WYFX - Ch 62 - FOX

Now since you do not carry the CW, My Network TV, and all the PBS stations, I did not expect to receive the EPG for those OTA HD channels. I did ecpect to receive the EPG for trhe NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX stations. NBC and ABC to work. The EPG guide data for my OTA HD channels is displayed as expected. However, the EPG for CBS and FOX do not work. I spent over an hour on the telephone with one of your techs, and there was no change. He told me to "wait a day or two to see if it will work". That obviously made no difference.

Is there something that can be done on your end to map the dish SD channel EPG into my OTA HD channels for CBS and FOX? It would make programming the DVR much easier and provide much better listings in the DVR schedule than "Digital Service".

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I look forward to your response.

Yours truly,

James S. Isabella
Contacting Dishnetwork is the correct thing to do. They have started to correct this kind of problem. (only took a year for NY!!!) But they are beginning to do so If people let them know. I think someone else posted a better email address, the one you used is mostly for problems with picture quality.

·
Legend
177 Posts
JSIsabella said:

Hello:

WFMJ - Ch 21 - NBC
WKBN - Ch 27 - CBS
WYTV - Ch 33 - ABC
WNEO - Ch 45 - PBS
WYFX - Ch 62 - FOX

Yours truly,

James S. Isabella
I was wondering if you had OTA connected to your 622, and if so are you able to lock in a signal. I have had problems with 21 WFMJ , but have no problem with OTA on TV. As far EPG WKBN 27-1 is listed as DIGITAL SERVICE, but soon to be corrected. 21-1 and 33-1 list programs..

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.