DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Are you asking if you will still have Guide info for you OTA locals? Answer is no. Dish requires subbing to locals to get guide info.

If you are asking if you can still access the channels, the answer is yes. What you will see instead of Guide info is the words "Digital Service".

· Cool Member
14 Posts
knn said:
Thanks, so I guess recordering to the 622 with out subscribing to Dish HD locals would be impossable to do with just the OTA HD antenna?
No, but, it is a little more difficult. You will have to enter the channel, start time and end time manually.

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
.... and programs will never keep the right titles (even when the title is edited). Plus the programs won't move when the channel moves them.

(Case in Point: Kidnapped - I set a DVR event up for it's Wednesday night airing. Apparently it has been moved to Saturday night --- but my DVR caught the move and recorded the episode last night just as if it always was there. You will be giving up that functionality on your locals.)

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
My "Kidnapped" is set as a "New" recording. I believe if you chose weekly it wouldn't move to another day (but it would move if the program shifted on the same day).

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
If you drop locals (losing EPG info), you are stuck recording with Manual timers. A weekly manual recording for a particular time and channel will always record that block no matter what is on. They won't change day or time beacuse of a program change. There aren't program changes when all progamming has the same title.

You may already have some OTA (sub) channel that just displays "Digital Service". Experiment with making some recordings from that and decide if the convenience of being able to just select the show from the guide, pick New episodes only, have the receiver adjust for shows moving or changing length, ... is worth the $5.

"A little more difficult" is correct, but understates the inconvenience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.