DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be spending two weeks in Prince Edward Isand. I have an automatic Motosat SL5 (Slimline) too get the sats, but for local over the air? if it's not in the guide the OTA tuner won't show the channels right?
is there any way to do a channel scan or force channels?
I notice on a DISH HD DVR at a friends house in western mass, her Springfield OTA show up as "digital service" in the guide, with no programming information, but at least she can watch and manually record. (as dish does not carry the Spingfield Locals) take it this is not possible with the HR20?
the only idea I could think of was to find a us zip code that has alot of OTA channels, and hope they corrispond with ones in my area? at least the tuner will tune it in, though the guide will be wrong?
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
The HR20 and AM21 do not scan for channels. They require entry of a US zip code to build a database of channels to tune.

Also, when tuning ATSC signals, the station number isn't always the broadcast frequency. So just because you're in 2 markets with say a channel 4, one may be using VHF 45 and the other VHF 30 the digital signal allows inclusion of data to map to their customary number assignment..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.