DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Be sure to also check out AVS Forum...

You will find a significant amount of users from your area, that can help find the right antenna for your situation.

·
Godfather
314 Posts
It's not that big, it's 12x19. You could easily hide it behind a bookshelf, tv, etc... Just make sure there is as little obstruction between the antenna and towers as possible.

I have the DB4 which is much larger (29x19) but I have it in the attic so I don't mind. I'm about 20 miles from all my towers and get 90+% all the time.

Actually, I believe the DB4 is just two DB2's stacked on top of each other.

·
Legend
126 Posts
Now that OTA is a reality, I was going to ask the same question (it seems strange to ask this question here). I had a Samsung STB before my HR20 and kind of miss the extra HD channels I was picking up. The antenna I used with success before was a Jensen TV-931 but I'm only 5 miles from the towers in Chicago. Let me know if you think this should be in another forum.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
jerkieman said:
I live in NYC, can I get an indoor antenna ? I saw the DB2 indoor antenna from antennasdirect.com, but this seems big. With an antenna like that do you just put in against your window or something ? I guess I'm looking for something real small, and not so ugly.

http://www.antennasdirect.com/DB2_Indoor_antenna.html
How close are you to the ESB? You may be able to get by just fine with the Silver Sensor.

·
Icon
968 Posts
yeah... where do you live? i'm in chelsea and have a silver sensor pointing towards ESB and get 85+ on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, My9 and some random other channels.

btw... i had a heck of a time finding a silver sensor in the city, i got mine at circuit city (union square).. it was around ~$25

·
7 Posts
According to antennaweb.org, I'm about ~ 7miles from the towers. Has anyone had any luck with just a plain old circular UHF antenna from a similar distance?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
NYG23 said:
According to antennaweb.org, I'm about ~ 7miles from the towers. Has anyone had any luck with just a plain old circular UHF antenna from a similar distance?
Do yourself a big favor. Get a Silver Sensor and point it at the towers...it will outperform your UHF loop by a dramatic margin. Use the loop (if it will work) while waiting for the Silver Sensor. The loop is subject to so much close in "interaction" with people, animals, other metal objects...it's not good. Save yourself the aggravation and get a Silver Sensor...my friends about 18 miles from our tower complex are using one and they are getting signals in the 90% range on their H20. They had VERY intermittant break up and signal loss when using either rabbit ears or the UHF loop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.