DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I may be so be bold, and sure, beer's on me Earl, is there still a shot at getting the ATSC tuners activated this month as we you used to discuss or are we more realistically looking at November or December? (I know December is the CSR line).

I realize we can't expect to get firm dates.

Hey, I'm trying.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
"Officially" nothing has changed to their CSR date of December 1st.

Practically... Octobober is going to be tight, as they are doing a lot of testing on the latest builds. Things where thrown a little of track because of the FF bug of 0xDC. If all goes well though....

· Legend
223 Posts
Earl, I've read many of your posts, just confirming that after two months on the market the ATSC tuners are still not activated? I guess I'll continue to wait. :mad:

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Wow, an OTA thread with only 5 posts in it?

I've pretty much lost hope on OTA being activated this month. Let's see what November brings...

· Hall Of Fame
1,095 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Wow, an OTA thread with only 5 posts in it?

I've pretty much lost hope on OTA being activated this month. Let's see what November brings...
Umm. They are saying Dec 1st. Why would you expect something this month or next month?

· Registered
6,575 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Umm. They are saying Dec 1st. Why would you expect something this month or next month?
Mainly because it is written on the box and in the manual, because they removed most of their OTA capable HD DVRs from the market leaving a hole and as has been pointed out on numerous occasions, we here are a small informed minority.

As such, most J6P customers buy this box, get home and find out OTA doesn't work and calls D* all pi**ed off because it says it right on the box.

That would be as good a reason as any to try to get it out the door earlier than the official date which after seeing all the delays and unplanned fixes, I have my doubts that December 1st will be made.

· Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems like it won't be in the next software release. But best case scenario, the 1 or 2 following that, hopefully.

CC Request Plug Alert:
In the mean time come on, D*, turn the captions on ABC HD (mpeg-2/4) , please; (and FOX mpeg-4).

· AllStar
79 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if the built-in splitter in the HR20 is going to be better than the built-in splitter in the HD-TiVo (HR10-250)?

When I used the HD-TiVo's built in splitter, it really messed up my signal strength, but when I bypassed it (and ran two separate lines to the two ATSC tuners) my OTA signal strength was in the 90s for everything.

· Banned
63 Posts
mikeny said:
CC Request Plug Alert:
In the mean time come on, D*, turn the captions on ABC HD (mpeg-2/4) , please; (and FOX mpeg-4).
In the Washington DC area captions are working on ABC HD MPEG4 but are so garbled as to be useless. So be careful what you ask for.

· Hall Of Fame
1,095 Posts
WinstonSmith said:
Does anyone have any idea if the built-in splitter in the HR20 is going to be better than the built-in splitter in the HD-TiVo (HR10-250)?

When I used the HD-TiVo's built in splitter, it really messed up my signal strength, but when I bypassed it (and ran two separate lines to the two ATSC tuners) my OTA signal strength was in the 90s for everything.
Huh? How did you bypass the splitter? Do you have pics?

· Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fdeitz said:
In the Washington DC area captions are working on ABC HD MPEG4 but are so garbled as to be useless. So be careful what you ask for.
Yeah, I know. We were playing the unscramble the captions game last night watching a recording of "The Office" from a couple weeks ago. It was pre 0xE3, if that makes a difference. They caps were completely jumbled up and off synch. That was from Channel 82 NBC NY HD (mpeg-2).

When they send caps, even if they're screwed up, you at least have a chance....Contextual clues... etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.