Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem.....

I am having a problem with my OTA in Providence. Last night Lost (on 6.1 WLNE) was not watchable because the signal was breaking up. I was not watching it live so I do not know what the signal strength was. I took a look at around 11pm and it was around 74-82 and the signal was breaking up.

I checked this morning and the signal in still around 74-82 and the picture is working fine. But I can not lock on channel 12.1 WPRI. I usually get 89-94 strength and I can not get a lock in the channel.

I am using an indoor Terk TV5 OTA and less then 5 miles from the tower according from antennaweb.org. We did have a good rain storm last night, could this be the problem. Also, if anyone knows a good replacement to my Terk TV5, being only 5 miles away I really do not need it Amplified.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Icon
521 Posts
There was alot of moister in the air last night. You being closer to the shore than me in NE CT it would be worse. I was breaking up OTA also on stations facing SWW. New haven and Hartford. and I have one mean set up. The over all signal strenght on these STBs is only a relative thresh hold to noise ratio not a true signal strenght as in like a RF S-meter. A momentary scattering by rain drops or haevy moisture of the signal that the reciever correction can't keep up with will cause break up. Most often a better antenna with a lower signal to noise ratio [ terk is not one of them ] will help a whole bunch. When the Ant makes more noise than the signal you have lose of signal and even lock. See-search 'Erecting an Antenna', good site for the mysteries of OTA.

Bear

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Bear.

I still can not receive WPRI 12-1 or 12-2. I disconnected my OTA from my 622 and tried the tuner in my TV. For some reason I am getting channel 12HD on 13-3. Why is this? And when I do a channel scan on my 622 I do not get 13-3, it finds 12-1 but all there is a black screen and then Error 739.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a return call from WPRI and talked with one of the tech people. He said they had problems after the lighting storm a few days ago and are working on the problem. It was the mapping in the PSIP data and he is waiting for a software upgrade to fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.