DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get all the OTA HD channels I can handle, so I dropped locals with Dish. Now the EPG doesn't show the programming for each channel. My 811 (I think that's the model) still shows them fine. Anyone else experience this?
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
If you don't subscribe to the local package from dish network, the information won't load on the EPG, except to say 'off air programming'.. The only reason you had the info before was because the receiver pulled the EPG info from the subscription channels and copied it onto your off-air lines on the EPG. Nothing you can do about that info without actually subscribing to the locals from dish.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
techgirl7 said:
If you don't subscribe to the local package from dish network, the information won't load on the EPG, except to say 'off air programming'.. The only reason you had the info before was because the receiver pulled the EPG info from the subscription channels and copied it onto your off-air lines on the EPG. Nothing you can do about that info without actually subscribing to the locals from dish.
Actually, I still have my old receiver and it gets the program information fine...try again...
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
54,024 Posts
Actually the term "Digital Service" shows up in the guide for OTAs without an EPG.
IIRC the 811 is an exception to the "must subscribe to locals" rule. 211/622/921/942 all require LIL subscription.
 

· Beware the Attack Basset
Joined
·
26,006 Posts
klegg said:
Actually, I still have my old receiver and it gets the program information fine...try again...
You need to re-read the message more closely. the 811 is an entirely different bird. The ViP622 is not set up the same way and requires a subscription to locals to show the guide data.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
harsh said:
You need to re-read the message more closely. the 811 is an entirely different bird. The ViP622 is not set up the same way and requires a subscription to locals to show the guide data.
I was replying to techgirl7. She says the only reason I was getting the program info before was because I had LIL...

Any chance this will change or should I just shell out the cash?????
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top