DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
magellanmtb said:
Don't know if it is true, but I still believe that the tuner in the H20 is far superior to the the tuner HR20. More channels and better PQ.
Today I tested the H20-600, the HR10-250 and the HR20 in an UNscientific test of their OTA tuners - I have a CM4228/CM7777 antenna/preamp combination and I removed the CM7777 preamp to lower the signal strength. I also put a two-way splitter in front of the H20 to simulate the splitters that are in the HR20 and HR10 (an important part of the test).
Results: the H20-600 was clearly the best tuner, getting all my stations with good signal strength and no breakups. Reports are that the H20-100 is not as good.
The HR20 was the next best, two stations were very marginal and occasionally got breakups.
The HR10 was the worst, it did not get the marginal stations at all and a couple of other ones became marginal.

I am at 40 miles from the DFW transmitter farm. A couple of my stations suffer from ghosting on the analog station and presumably therefore have possible multipath on the digital signal - one of these is on VHF. These were the two stations that were marginal on the HR20, and did not get a signal lock at all on the HR10. The additional stations that became marginal on the HR10 were just the ones with (according to antennaweb) the weakest signals.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.