DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is old hat I am sure and have tried to do some searches but here is what I am looking to figure out.

We have a few local channels I can get over the air (hey I figured out what OTA means).

I see the ant in connection on the back of the 625. Now here come the questions.

(1.) can dish only handle digital OTA signals or can it also handle analog.

(2.) will the channels show up in my guide or do I have to switch dish off to even view the OTA.

My stations in my rural area will likely stay analog as they are a low power translators and exempt from the conversion.

Regards,

· Icon
324 Posts
The channels will show up on your guide, they just won't have guide information though

· Godfather
344 Posts
The 625 DOES NOT have an OTA tuner. The antenna connector on the back is for pass thru only. It has use the tuner in the TV. And you will get no guide data on the screen.

· DHMO User
1,095 Posts
Fallguy said:
My stations in my rural area will likely stay analog as they are a low power translators and exempt from the conversion.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe translators are not exempt and will instead change over in 2011.

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
miketorse said:
Is it possible to change the title of this thread?
Thanks for changing title but keeping post. Not trying to offend just trying to stress how much of a rookie I was at OTA.

Regards, wish you and yours well.

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jason Nipp said:
Agree, and since I have mentally challenged child, I was going to anyhow since I found it offensive.

I changed the name to Sir Nick's recommendation.

Nipp
Thanks for changing title but keeping post. Not trying to offend just trying to stress how much of a rookie I was at OTA.

Regards, wish you and yours well.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Jason Nipp said:
Agree, and since I have mentally challenged child, I was going to anyhow since I found it offensive.

I changed the name to Sir Nick's recommendation.

Nipp
Thanks, [strike]Stu[/strike], er, Jason.

First time I've ever been called Sir Nick, but at my advanced age, and in the old southern
tradition, I am often referred to as 'Mister' Nick -- but that makes me feel even older. :shrug:

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Jason Nipp said:
:shrug: No Stu here.... I use my real first name here.
Oops, my bad! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure which one of you I've insulted! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.