DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my H20 and HD20, I can specify an OTA market.

The R15, even after a reset, is assuming that I only have satellite. It doesn't (software) appear to have any way to tune in OTA. The F connector is on the back, but the software appears to ignore it. I am in Peoria and don't want to add a 72.5* dish--I want to simply hook up an antenna since I live right next to the transmitter and don't even need rabbit ears. Lot's easier than trying to combine a 72.5* dish with my AT9.

Does the R15 not support OTA?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
There is no OTA support on the R15.
The only thing it allows is a pass through of an RF Connection, while in Standby

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Thinker3932 said:
If the R15 and Hx20 are brothers, why did D* make a decision to treat them differently?
Both the R15 and the HR20 only work with Digital Data Streams

Neither unit is capable of working with an Analog Signal, and recording it (there is no encoding chips sets).

To include ATSC - Digital tuners in the R15 would have increased the cost of the box... as you then would also have had to include the downrezing chip set, since the R15 isn't an HD unit.

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Understood. Makes sense. So, I can send the R15 back to D* and buy another HR20? What's that process like (returning a "leased" receiver)?

·
Icon
731 Posts
I tried that.. to send an R15 back and get a 2nd HR20.. they were willing.. but for $299 I wasn't. I couldn't talk (at least that rep) into any deals. (already got the first HR20 for really cheap)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.