DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have antenna to plug into OTA connection on my Plus HD DVR. No channels come up after going through setup. I can pick up several if I plug directly into tv. Am I doing something wrong?

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I entered in zip codes of closest stations neear me including the ones that come with my locals. It's getting no signal at all from the antenna.

· Godfather
499 Posts
You are suppose to input your zip code, not the station's zip code. Also check the station's signal strength on the receiver in the antenna section. However, the stations likely won't be at the channel you would think they are. HD channel 7-1 might really be on UHF channel 36, for example. They would be masking/renaming ch 36 in the schedule because channel 7 is their analog channel and everybody has known them simply as channel 7 for years.

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry. I entered my zip code in knowing what channels I would recieve. Guess that's why I wrote that wrong. Brain fart on my part.

· AllStar
95 Posts
What is the model of your HD DVR, is it a hr20, HR 21 or H22?
If you have a HR20 you can receive OTA channels
If you have a HR21 or H22 you can not receive OTA channels

· Hall Of Fame
1,489 Posts
veryoldschool said:
I guess I need to ask a dumb question:
Are these digital or analog channels?
Your TV will receive both, but the HR20 will only pick up digital.
+1

There is no pass-through for analog OTA.

The tuner (HR20 or AM21) can only acquire ATSC digital OTA TV signals.

· AllStar
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe it's the HR 20. I've had it for at least a year now. Some of the local channels I should be getting claim they're broadcasting in HD so I assume I could pick up a digital signal but that's me assuming. The tv in my work shed has rabbit ears only and can get a cbs out of monroe, LA clear as a bell and they constantly say they're broadcasting in HD. No such luck with my dvr though.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
priester68 said:
I believe it's the HR 20. I've had it for at least a year now. Some of the local channels I should be getting claim they're broadcasting in HD so I assume I could pick up a digital signal but that's me assuming. The tv in my work shed has rabbit ears only and can get a cbs out of monroe, LA clear as a bell and they constantly say they're broadcasting in HD. No such luck with my dvr though.
While they say they're broadcasting in HD, are you really tuned to digital?
Are the channels x-x [say 3-1] or are they "simply" x [3]?
All digital are the x.1 [2,3, or 4] type.

· Hall Of Fame
2,208 Posts
Did you make sure there in your fav list.

· Legend
114 Posts
i called to order directv service, hd dvr and tried to order the am21 at the same time,but csr out of georiga said it wouldn't let him order it because i didn't have service yet. does any one know if this is true? regards..

· Godfather
499 Posts
bills said:
i called to order directv service, hd dvr and tried to order the am21 at the same time,but csr out of georiga said it wouldn't let him order it because i didn't have service yet. does any one know if this is true? regards..
Yeah, it's true, some brainchild didn't think it through, again. Once you get the receiver installed and activated, the option to order an AM21 will magically appear in the accessory section when you login to the D* web site. You can order it there. Very quick ship, overnight or 2 day, from my experience.

It seems that the CSRs only are allowed to order the same options that appear under your account on the web site. Can't seem to override the nazi computer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.