DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved Santa's gift last Friday (a big Thank you to Earl ) and hooked up my indoor antenna....whoopee. But here is the odd situation.
I live in Orlando,FL. I receive all of my locals via Sat. I receive 27 OTA channels- all of the locals except WESH2:2-1,2-2. I ran the test and the result is: Tuner 1& 2=100% Ok that's good..now here is what I don't get,: Off-Air1 Ok. Acquired at 85%/Off-Air 2 OK Aquired at 0% Hmmm...I ran the test again OA1 was at 0% and OF2 was at 100%. I ran the test again both OA was at 0%. I just ran it again and the numbers changed....One OA is always at 0%.
Does this mean that only one OTA tuner is working? And yet I can record two OTA channels at the same time.

What does all this mean?:confused:

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Even though these are digital signals, we still deal with analog power requirements from the local station broadcast.

If you are getting good signals on both tuners on one channel, it would not point to a problem with the HR20. The OTA turners are working.

I recommend contacting the local station first and ask them the same question.

·
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called *D yesterday about this problem and they sent out a Service rep this morning. Very fast response. Anyway he knew his stuff...apparently this tuner test has a glitch in it. Even though it shows one of the OTA tuners has O% it actually has reception..hence the ability to record two OTA channels at the same time. So the test results are wrong and/or worthless. So essentially don't trust the test results.

He also said that WESH2-1 and 2-2 will not come through unless I put up a antenna 90ft high. He said that is the only channel that is crap here and that was before he even looked at my HR20.

After all I do receive the other 27 OTA local channels....I can live with out OTA WESH.

I told him that I had a H20-600 in the other room and he said there is a glitch in the reception meters in that unit and showed me what it was and he showed me a few other tricks that improved my picture.

Of course he didn't know about the recent software upgrade and this web site...now he does and he was very impressed...in fact I showed him my print out of the HR20 tips and tricks and he was even more impressed so I gave him a copy.

Maybe we'll see a new member in the near future.

·
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BubblePuppy said:
I called *D yesterday about this problem and they sent out a Service rep this morning. Very fast response. Anyway he knew his stuff...apparently this tuner test has a glitch in it. Even though it shows one of the OTA tuners has O% it actually has reception..hence the ability to record two OTA channels at the same time. So the test results are wrong and/or worthless. So essentially don't trust the test results.

He also said that WESH2-1 and 2-2 will not come through unless I put up a antenna 90ft high. He said that is the only channel that is crap here and that was before he even looked at my HR20.

After all I do receive the other 27 OTA local channels....I can live with out OTA WESH.

I told him that I had a H20-600 in the other room and he said there is a glitch in the reception meters in that unit and showed me what it was and he showed me a few other tricks that improved my picture.

Of course he didn't know about the recent software upgrade and this web site...now he does and he was very impressed...in fact I showed him my print out of the HR20 tips and tricks and he was even more impressed so I gave him a copy.

Maybe we'll see a new member in the near future.
Oh and I'm getting 27 OTA channels with a Terk TV55 sitting on top of my wall unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.