DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was on Dish Network's website and they state you can purchase a OTA through them. Reasoning for this is I like WGN and watch the cubs a lot and would like WGN-HD. After calling them and confirming that I can purchase a OTA from them the lady said its not offered in my area. She said that I would need to go to Radio Shack and buy one...Do these go on the roof or what? I went on WGN.com and they said Dish Network offers a OTA for HD.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kdg454 said:
Dan,
Where you say, "purchase a OTA through them," are you referring to an antenna?
If so, I do not believe DISH currently offers off-air antennas. You can purchase one through Radio Shack, Lowe's, or many online stores. www.antennasdirect.com is a good off-air antenna online source.

Correct, it mounts on either your rooftop, or in your attic. If you live close enough to the towers, you may be able to use a very small indoor antenna.

Once you have the antenna, you need a ATSC digital tuner to receive the digital signal. The DISH receivers are set up to connect to your antenna, and provide the ATSC digital tuner. It would integrate with the rest of your DISH programming.

Begin by going to www.antennaweb.org, enter your zip code, and find out what size/type of antenna you need to receive the stations you want to receive.
Great info per antennaweb I need a medium size antenna for WGN. Now my question is since I'm looking at the DB2 (indoor mountable) model antenna, I need to run cables as well, correct? I believe Dish is giving me the 622 receiver and my Samsung has a ATSC built in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.