DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I'm trying to do: Have the OTA signal split so that it can be used on 1) the 622 tuner 2) the TV tuner on the TV1, which is in the basement 3) the tuner on TV2 upstairs (satellite & OTA signal combined for TV2).

I've searched through the posts relating to this, but I'm still not sure how I should go about this. I'm not sure what configuration I would need to get this set up correctly. Do I need to use some type of amplifier? Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
You just need to go buy a signal splitter from somewhere like Radio Shack and take the OTA signal coming into the house and split it 3 ways and run those cables to the 2 TVs and the 622. Most likely you do not need an amplifier, really depends on how long the runs are and how good the cable and connections are. I'd try without and see if you have any issues. I am splitting my signal from the roof 2 ways at the moment.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob Glasser said:
You just need to go buy a signal splitter from somewhere like Radio Shack and take the OTA signal coming into the house and split it 3 ways and run those cables to the 2 TVs and the 622. Most likely you do not need an amplifier, really depends on how long the runs are and how good the cable and connections are. I'd try without and see if you have any issues. I am splitting my signal from the roof 2 ways at the moment.
Thanks. I guess it shouldn't be a problem on the TV1 tuner & the 622. The problem is TV2 is 1.5 stories up from where the antenna comes into the basement. Can I combine the signals for the satellite & OTA?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
cyclone27 said:
Thanks. I guess it shouldn't be a problem on the TV1 tuner & the 622. The problem is TV2 is 1.5 stories up from where the antenna comes into the basement. Can I combine the signals for the satellite & OTA?
Yes you can. To do this you would need to buy a pair of diplexers. Basically you'd have your OTA coming in, split it 3 ways, one to TV1, one to 622, and then 3rd one into a port on the double side of the dixplexer. Also going into the double side of the dixplexer would be the cable from the Dish/Dish Switch that you run upstairs. On the single side of the dixplexer you'd hook up the cable that runs upstairs.

When you get upstairs you take another dixplexer and hook up the single end to the cable coming from downstairs and then run a cable from the Dish box up their to other end of the dixplexer, making sure to plug it into the same port number that you used on the other diplexer downstairs. Then repeat with the OTA connection to the TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.