DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else here hoping that the OTA tuners in the HR20 are better than those in the HR10-250? I always thought that the problems I had in getting a strong enough OTA signal for all 4 networks with the HR10-250 was just normal. I could usually position the antenna to get 2 of the 4 well, but then the other 2 would come in and out. When checking signal strength, I could get 2 in the low 70's but the other 2 would be 20's and 30's......and I'm no more than 25 very flat miles from the towers......pain the neck. Then a couple of weeks ago, I got a new 72" Toshiba DLP and when I plug the antenna directly into the TV tuners I get upper 80's on all 4 networks without even much adjustment. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm hoping the tuners on the HR20 are more like the ones on my TV, less like the Tivo's.

· Registered
12,595 Posts
Lots of posts here suggesting that the HR20 OTA tuners is not quite as good as the H20's tuner, although it's better than the HR10-250. Of course, even if the HR20 used the same tuner module as the H20, the signal is cut in half due to the internal splitter feeding two tuners, not just one like the H20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.