DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl over at sat guys theres a post "BREAKING NEWS" ota tuners to be enabled Nov 1st. Do you have any insight on this?
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Based on the information I got earlier this week, that isn't the case.

OTA is most likely not going to be activated before the end of October.
Some of the recent critical issues took precedence over the OTA.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
686 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Based on the information I got earlier this week, that isn't the case.

OTA is most likely not going to be activated before the end of October.
Some of the recent critical issues took precedence over the OTA.
November 1 is after the end of October?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Based on the information I got earlier this week, that isn't the case.

OTA is most likely not going to be activated before the end of October.
Some of the recent critical issues took precedence over the OTA.
Now I'm really confused. Isn't Nov 1 after the end of October? Seems like there is a conjunction of the timeframe, not a contradiction?

Are we still on a "late October" time frame based on the information you got earlier this week?

Whatever you can say without compromising your connection, of course.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
hasan said:
Now I'm really confused. Isn't Nov 1 after the end of October? Seems like there is a conjunction of the timeframe, not a contradiction?

Are we still on a "late October" time frame based on the information you got earlier this week?

Whatever you can say without compromising your connection, of course.
It is possible that even Earl makes a typo.... :lol:
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
matto said:
a giant, well-capitalized typo?
Hey, I barely know the day of the week some days so I can forgive just about any typo.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
matto said:
a giant, well-capitalized typo?
If Earl stays silent on the issue I would say that it probably is November 1st and this is his subtle, or not so subtle, way of sharing the info without actually saying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,957 Posts
lguvenoz said:
If Earl stays silent on the issue I would say that it probably is November 1st and this is his subtle, or not so subtle, way of sharing the info without actually saying it.
I really HOPE I'm just that thick, and if so, my admiration for Sir Earl has gone up yet another notch!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
686 Posts
Have we been reduced to guessing at the meanings of a possible typo?

How in the world can this be considered apropriate customer relations?

The fact that we are expected to rely on info 'leaked' to a third party to know what is going on with our service is absurd to begin with, but this has just sank to new lows.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
550 Posts
matto said:
Have we been reduced to guessing at the meanings of a possible typo?

How in the world can this be considered apropriate customer relations?

The fact that we are expected to rely on info 'leaked' to a third party to know what is going on with our service is absurd to begin with, but this has just sank to new lows.
I don't even have an OTA feed, I'm more curious about when D* is really going to start delivering all they've promised.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,957 Posts
matto said:
Have we been reduced to guessing at the meanings of a possible typo?

How in the world can this be considered apropriate customer relations?

The fact that we are expected to rely on info 'leaked' to a third party to know what is going on with our service is absurd to begin with, but this has just sank to new lows.
Mea Culpa

I'm so ready for OTA in the HR20 my teeth hurt!

Just the glimmer of a possibility is enough to start an adrenaline rush.

Then again, I've always been an RF kinda guy.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Based on the information I got earlier this week, that isn't the case.

OTA is most likely not going to be activated before the end of October.
Some of the recent critical issues took precedence over the OTA.
Sorry for the confusion..
I was making two statements there.

1) Based on the information I got, OTA will not be turned on on November 1st
2) Based on the information I got, OTA will not be turned on in October either

The recent criticial issues took precedence over the OTA.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
320 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Sorry for the confusion..
I was making two statements there.

1) Based on the information I got, OTA will not be turned on on November 1st
2) Based on the information I got, OTA will not be turned on in October either

The recent criticial issues took precedence over the OTA.
What are the critical issues that have taken precedence? :D
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
79 Posts
See guys, I knew this would happen. Everyone complaining. We should have just pretended the hr20 was perfect and we would have OTA by now. :)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
Spongeweed said:
See guys, I knew this would happen. Everyone complaining. We should have just pretended the hr20 was perfect and we would have OTA by now. :)
Wait... you mean the Hr20 isn't perfect. I just got off the phone with D* and a CSR assured me that they knew of absolutely no ongoing issues with the HR20. And when I asked about the near weekly software updates, they said "what updates"....:D

(Actually, mine has been near perfect so far... Just one recording that it absolutely REFUSES to record, but it's just some stupid RC show that I thought looked interesting. I watched it once and it was lame, so not much lost there. WAIT. I guess my HR20 actually IS perfect. i just didn't realize it was smarter than me and THAT's the reason it cancels certain recordings!
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
102 Posts
Spongeweed said:
See guys, I knew this would happen. Everyone complaining. We should have just pretended the hr20 was perfect and we would have OTA by now. :)
Now look at them yo-yo's, that's the way you do it
You play the guitar on that OTA
That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free
Now that ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya, them guys ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

Money for nothin' and chicks for free
I want my, I want my, I want my OTA
I want my, I want my, I want my OTA

Off to bed.....Maybe my lil locals will come before the OTA is enabled...
 

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
ITrot said:
What are the critical issues that have taken precedence? :D
Oh, most likely the auto deletion of shows, particularly sports packages, when a signal is not there. OTA with all the crappy stations out there will only magnify this issue.

Personally I want to them work on 2-3 more releases to get through as many issues as they can and release OTA after Thanksgiving.
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top