DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to Hurricane Ike my dish is now out of alignment and cannot pick up any signal. As I am far from the only one with this problem, the wait time to have DirecTV come out and align my dish is 3 weeks! I have an HR20-100 so it does support an OTA antenna and I have an OTA antenna hooked directly to my TV and I am receiving channels. Would it be possible to setup an OTA antenna on my HR20 so I can record programs without any satellite signal at all? I'm thinking it might not work because it won't be able to figure out channel numbers, guide data, etc..., but please let me know if this would be a valid option.

Thanks!

· Registered
5,915 Posts
If it is not already setup, it will have no where to pull the channel info from (IE, what is in your zip code and such). If it is already setup, it should work, but there will be no guide data as that comes from the satellite.

If you dish is still mounted and in decent condition, you might try tweaking it yourself to try and get signal back, using the receiver it is not too bad to try and at least get 101 (the main SD satellite and guide data satellite) which would give you at least most of the stations for the time being until Directv can get out and align it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.