DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
No, and yes there is a time frame. But not a public time frame.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
Sigh....

OTA is not enabled. Current estimates are at the end of this month, although that is not definite. Current jargon you'll get if you call a D* CSR is before December 1st, although that isn't guaranteed either.

Edit: Current post standings: Earl - 12, PoitNarf - 3.... stop beating me to it Earl! :p
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
No, and yes there is a time frame. But not a public time frame.
How about a public hint?...lol

DTV said they would give me an HR20 for $99 and a $99 credit.

They said I can keep my leased HR10-250 and put it in another room.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
72 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Well I am being told by DTV that they will not be enabled until December.
They told me the same and gave me a $30 credit for the delay. At least my HR10 still gets the OTA.

It would be nice if the OTA could also pick up non HD locals. In the Twin cities the sunday Twins games are on channel 29 that I can get OTA in SD but since my DMA is Rochester I don't get 29 on my DTV locals. So every sunday I had to re route the OTA wire to the TV because splitting it lost too much signal.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jsherm007 said:
They told me the same and gave me a $30 credit for the delay. At least my HR10 still gets the OTA.

It would be nice if the OTA could also pick up non HD locals. In the Twin cities the sunday Twins games are on channel 29 that I can get OTA in SD but since my DMA is Rochester I don't get 29 on my DTV locals. So every sunday I had to re route the OTA wire to the TV because splitting it lost too much signal.
They should. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
138 Posts
They won't as the tuners are ATSC and not NTSC. They only receive digital channels.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
31,115 Posts
I'm betting that OTA will be "turned on" the HR20 on Friday December 1st, with a firmware update earlier in the week.

My crystal ball told me it is so.... :D
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
I'm betting that OTA will be "turned on" the HR20 on Friday December 1st, with a firmware update earlier in the week.

My crystal ball told me it is so.... :D
I am betting that you can't bet on anything....
As things can change quickly. Some for the good, some for the bad..
 

· Icon
Joined
·
968 Posts
davidrumm said:
They won't as the tuners are ATSC and not NTSC. They only receive digital channels.
Just because a channel isn't HD doesn't mean it's not digital. They often go hand-in-hand, but no always. Especially for some of the smaller, independant-type channels. An ATSC tuner will (or should) pick up a digital, non-HD channel.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
138 Posts
Sorry I was taking it as analog since he stated SD.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,596 Posts
What do you mean that you don't have "clearance" for an AT9? Is the AT9 too big to fit? Or do you mean that it doesn't have a clear view of the satellites? If your 3-LNB dish has a clear view, then an AT9 dish should, too.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top