DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there is a lack of a Satelite to cover HD locals for the western part of the country but does anyone know if there is a plan to get a Sat for us?

Some huge DMA's being missed. I am in Las Vegas and probably will never get HD locals.

· Godfather
430 Posts
nitz369 said:
So I know there is a lack of a Satelite to cover HD locals for the western part of the country but does anyone know if there is a plan to get a Sat for us?

Some huge DMA's being missed. I am in Las Vegas and probably will never get HD locals.
Do like a lot of us have done:
Install a outside Antenna. This is my only answer for my locals in HD. I live in a little town in North Louisiana. Dish does provide my locals in SD. Its a crappy picture on my 55" Television BUT my OTA HD inputs from 3 of my major affiliates broadcast primetime in HD. ABC is the only holdback.

· AllStar
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried it but the wiring is an issue to get it on the TV's. I have 3 TV's hooked up with 2 622's. I can't get it to 2 TV's because you cannot diplex and backfeed and there is no way of adding an additional feed.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
nitz369 said:
there is no way of adding an additional feed.
I think you mean either:

- there's no way of adding an additional feed that *I* can do myself, or

- there's no way of adding an additional feed that I'm willing to accept.

The only cable runs that I haven't been able to do are slab, 2-story houses with the main TV on an island in the center of the room, prewired with one cable. In that setup, you either have a visible wire, or you're SOL. But nearly anything else can be done, but it might cost a little...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.