DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Icon
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use outlook at work and i have personal folders, suddenly yesterday outlook started archiving my personal folders and would delete the emails. All the emails are archived but if i put an email in the none archived personal folder it will archive it within seconds and delete it. Whats going on???

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
Also, if you're actually connecting to an exchange server, the administrators can set a time limit/duration on emails in your inbox. It forces you to move them to a personal folder, archive, or lose them.

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Exactly. My work email is the same. To save the important ones, I set up a personal folder. The archive doesnt touch the emails in those!

You can go to Tools > Email Accounts > View or change existing email accounts > New Outlook Data File > Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) > Select the location on your computer > Finish!

Then move your saved emails to that folder. Won't delete unless you delete them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.