DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a D* Tivo (series II, non-HD), and have a Sony VRD-VC20... when I hook it up via composite or s-vid, and try to 'output to VCR', some sort of copy protection kicks in, and doesn't allow it to burn. Is this feature intentionally locked down by D*, or is there a workaround?

·
Icon
808 Posts
Check out the forums at dealdatabase.com for info on transferring the recordings from the Tivo directly to your PC where you can burn them to DVD using a PC's DVD burner. You'll get better results than using the method you described since it's done entirely in the digital domain for absolutely no loss of picture quality from the original sat feed.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, after surfing many a forum today, it looks like the InstantCake option may be the quickest/easiest.

Assuming I want to purchase another drive (to preserve the original, in case things go FUBAR), and want to upgrade for more recording space, what size drive is in the Philips DSR708?

·
Icon
808 Posts
80GB. BTW - what does Instantcake have to do with copying shows to DVD? Instantcake is an automated program on CD to restore a backup Tivo image to a hard drive.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
captain_video said:
80GB. BTW - what does Instantcake have to do with copying shows to DVD? Instantcake is an automated program on CD to restore a backup Tivo image to a hard drive.
I meant the PTVnet s/w they sell, which allows you to network the TIVO box, to pull the files directly off to a PC to burn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.