DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed when watching the NFL that the very edges of the picture is getting cut off. I can tell from the graphics during the broadcast. My Samsung doesnt have a setting for overscan and I have tried what I think is every setting in my DTV receiver. I have an HR54/500. Is there a setting in the receivers settings to correct this. Or is that just how it works?

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,462 Posts
I'd guess that the culprit is your TV and absent an "overscan" setting, that's the way it is going to be.

· Legend
189 Posts
Do you not see the option or is the option not available/greyed out (it'll be the TV, not the receiver)? I had that issue with a hotel tv recently and had to enable 'game' mode or something like that first, older (5-6years?) model Samsung. If you provide the model of your Samsung, someone may be able to help you further.

· Mentor/Supporter
80 Posts
Probably a stupid question.
Isn't there a zoom button of some sort on the remote used mainly to make standard definition channels full screen? Seems to me I recall, from having Directv and Dish years ago, that could affect HD channels as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts