DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 622 for a few days now and am really impressed.

However, there does not seem to be a way to exit and later resume watching a show if the recording is still in progress. For instance, set a three hour recording to start at 10:00 AM and start watching one hour later while the recording is in progress. Now, if in a few minutes you want to exit watching and come back later, you can't do it as there is no exit>resume function if the recording is not completed.

If you are watching a finished recording and you want to exit watching and resume later, you hit the "stop" button and you will get the options to "resume", "delete", etc. However, there are no similar options if the recording is not completed. If you try to use the "stop" button you will be asked if you want to end the recording. It should ask if you want to stop the recording or exit viewing.

Is this just an oversight on the designers part or am I missing something?

Oh, our 622 has the lastest software.

Roger
Sacramento, CA

·
AllStar
88 Posts
If you are using this in single mode all you have to do is press the guide button and go to another channel.

Your recording will still go and you can go to watch something else.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
rogburr said:
I have had the 622 for a few days now and am really impressed.

However, there does not seem to be a way to exit and later resume watching a show if the recording is still in progress. For instance, set a three hour recording to start at 10:00 AM and start watching one hour later while the recording is in progress. Now, if in a few minutes you want to exit watching and come back later, you can't do it as there is no exit>resume function if the recording is not completed.

If you are watching a finished recording and you want to exit watching and resume later, you hit the "stop" button and you will get the options to "resume", "delete", etc. However, there are no similar options if the recording is not completed. If you try to use the "stop" button you will be asked if you want to end the recording. It should ask if you want to stop the recording or exit viewing.

Is this just an oversight on the designers part or am I missing something?

Oh, our 622 has the lastest software.

Roger
Sacramento, CA
You are correct.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nitz369 said:
If you are using this in single mode all you have to do is press the guide button and go to another channel.

Your recording will still go and you can go to watch something else.
True, but when you come back there is no "resume" option. You have to start at the beginning and fast forward to where you left off. The 622 does not realize that you are no longer viewing, as it should. The dreaded Comcast dvr knows when you change to, say, another channel, and bookmarks it so you can resume where you left off. The Comcast dvr has an "exit" button on the remote that allows you to quit viewing and return to where you left off.

Sometimes I record tennis programs that are up to ten hours long. I will start watching the program a couple of hours after it starts and exit and resume several times during the recording. It easy with other dvrs, but almost impossible with the 622.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Rogburr: Responding to your question, I push "View Live TV", and when I want to return to recording program, push the DVR button twice, select recording program, and the "Resume" button is available.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,202 Posts
wlambert38 said:
Rogburr: Responding to your question, I push "View Live TV", and when I want to return to recording program, push the DVR button twice, select recording program, and the "Resume" button is available.
No, it's not available is the recording has NOT ended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.