DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
TBlazer07 said:
Yea, and most (despite what they claim) are not owned but were previously leased or have a balance on them which would mean when the buyer goes to activate it DirecTV won't allow it. I've checked 3 or 4 allegedly owned ones in the past and they all were actually were not owned. Many sellers either are not telling the truth or don't know the difference.
I have purchased a number of owned units in the past 60 days off eBay and Craigslist and have yet to have 1 with the problem you describe.

Every item I have purchased I have had the Access Card Department verify it is owned and can be added to the account and had them noted as such on the account prior to purchase so there is no issue.

As long as one does their homework, deals can be found.

I purchased an owned HR24-200 for $130 just this past week.

Also, especially if you do not have safeguards in place, make sure YOU GET A .JPG OF THE RID. I've noticed that one of my units that was listed on eBay with RID number is on a number of scam sites (most domains in other Countries) listing that receiver RID so if someone called DirecTV to check, they would report it as owned (though the buyer would probably end up just losing their money). Reported this to DirecTV and they really didn't seem to care about protecting their customers if someone called in to verify the RID number of my unit - so clearly there are scams out there - but not like you are reporting.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Just purchased a HR24-100 Owned in great shape (only used for 2 months) for $100. Could have gotten it cheaper but did not feel like wasting time for another $10 or $20 and possibly losing the unit to someone else.

There is a HR24-200 the Directv Employee wants $60 for. If I pick it up, will be the cheapest HR24 yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.