DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Large Member
4,867 Posts
MysteryMan said:
Granted it's owned but you may want to consider adjusting your asking price. SolidSignal sells them for a lot less.
Solid Signal doesn't "sell" them they lease them. This person is selling an owned one. I'm sure you know the difference between a leased and owned receiver.

·
Large Member
4,867 Posts
MysteryMan said:
Yeah, just like I know their asking price ($199.00) Vs the Op's asking price ($300.00). ;)
I must be selling mine at a different place than you have been looking at prices! ;) I've recently sold 2 owned, one for $300 and the other for $290 picked up. I also sold 2 HR20-100's for $250 each (but that was a few months ago).

Personally, I think a used owned one has more value than a "new" leased one considering the POSSIBLE ETF a leased one would have for a person who doesn't plan on staying at his location for 2 years after getting the leased one. $199 NEW LEASE + $240 ETF (assuming 1 year of use before moving) is a lot more than $300. The purchase value depends on a number of things mainly WHERE you sell it.

·
Large Member
4,867 Posts
SomeRandomIdiot said:
Some are selling for less than $200 on eBay - and there are some on Craigslist
Yea, and most (despite what they claim) are not owned but were previously leased or have a balance on them which would mean when the buyer goes to activate it DirecTV won't allow it. I've checked 3 or 4 allegedly owned ones in the past and they all were actually were not owned. Many sellers either are not telling the truth or don't know the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.