DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
EMoMoney said:
Is it just me or is the 30 second slip slower with this release?
It looks about the same on SD channels for me, but is much faster on HD...by that I mean, it takes somewhere between 5 and 7 slips to get by a commercial in SD (varies of course, by commercial length), and it takes no more than 4, sometimes only 3 in OTA-HD. Both of these timings are "normal" for me.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Takes about 6 or 7 for me on a few of the HD programs I watched yesterday. I think it was 5 or 6 before 0B. Seems about right. Never know what the networks are up to during the hollidays either.

·
Icon
942 Posts
On my unit, the 30 second slip seems more jumpy, but it is still fast. On 0xFA, the slip was quick but it quickly flipped images on the screen as it moved through the 30 seconds of video. With 0x10B, the slip jumps and shows maybe one or two images during the slip. Sometimes I even seem to have the old Tivo skip because it doesn't appear to show any images during the slip.

You'd think having the Tivo-like skip back would be a good thing, but I was actually getting used to the speedy slip of 0xFA and now I want that back.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.