DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah MTV has renews the Ozbornes for another season! This show is one of the funnist thing I have seen on TV in a long long time.

MTV Re-Signs The Osbournes

By Mike Reynolds
Thanks to Multichannel News

After weeks of speculation, it’s finally official: MTV: Music Television’s quirky series sensation, The Osbournes, will return for a second season starting sometime next fall.

MTV announced Wednesday that it has ordered 20 more episodes of The Osbournes, the show tracking the real-life drama of heavy-metal legend Ozzy Osbourne and his family that became the highest-rated series in the network’s history.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

MTV will also air a number of Osbournes specials throughout the summer, including stops at Ozzfest, the heavy-metal music tour featuring the former Black Sabbath front man, as well as a special with Ozzy and his wife, Sharon, and a very special dinner with the family.

A company spokesman said details will be forthcoming shortly.

The second season will follow Ozzy, Sharon and two of their three children, Jack and Kelly -- as well as their menagerie of pets, assistants, roadies, security guards and neighbors -- where life takes them.

It has been reported that the second season would emanate from the family’s home in England.

During the 10-episode first season -- which followed the exploits and everyday life of the bat-biter and his brood in their California residence and Ozzy on the road -- The Osbournes pulled a 5.3 rating among MTV’s core 12-through-34 demographic, translating into 5.6 million of those viewers on average for installment premieres at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday nights.

On a household basis, The Osbournes -- which ran March 5 through May 7 -- averaged a 4.4 rating.

The series’ high point came during the eighth episode April 23, when the show scored a 6.0 household rating and some 7.8 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research data.

All told, the show attracted 68 million viewers during its premieres and repeats over its 10-week run.

'We couldn't be happier to have the entire Osbourne family back for more episodes,' MTV and MTV2 president Van Toffler said in a prepared statement. 'We desperately love the show, we love the Osbournes, including all of their pets, and we hope to bring the entire universe into their twisted, unpredictable lives for many years to come.'

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
This show is an absolute hoot! It is hypnotic. If I had talked like Ozzy's kids, my dad would have kicked my a**. It is hard to believe that people actually live and talk to each other like they do.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
But even at that extreme, the identity of the family is pretty obvious. Ozzy hiding the knife from the kid (my parents did that when I got a knife as a present). Ozzy's total confusion as to what is going on, I think many a father is confused by the actions of their teen son or daughter.

It may be bordering on the Munster Family, but it is still a recognizable family anyway :D

·
Godfather
314 Posts
It is the most unique show to come to TV screens in a long time.Whoever decided to use Ozzy & clan is a genius. It amazes me how "normal" this totally abnormal family can be. Their lifestyle is so foreign to most of us, yet they have to deal with the mudane problems that arise in "the real world" too. It is good to see Ozzy behave like any other dad in some cases. GO OZZY!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
And the Brits seems to use profanity with a different edge than the Americans. It just doesn't have the same punch hearing a string of cuss words from Ozzy or Ozzy's family.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Those interviewed in the papers say that Ozzy is 100% real in the show. He isn't playing for the cameras, thats the way he really is. Dazed and confused never had such a poster child :D

But being 100% real has its charm. Kind of like Archie Bunker charm, even though he was a ficitional character, the Archie Bunker character seemed sooooo real that there was a certain charm even when he was doing something not so charming.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
HOORY!!! I love Ozzys show. Im glad he's coming back :)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Ozzy and the Olson Twins, how about that for a concept. Although if Ozzy gave them a parental order they didn't like they could just fly off to one of their mansions to get away from him :D

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i still have fond memories of ozzy and the sat remote and also the show about the dog that poops everywhere(and ended with the dog vomiting by the pool after a scmaltzy montage with the dog and the son)

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
Originally posted by Brian Rector
The bad part is that there will be copycat shows from MTV very soon. I have heard that Sean Combs will have a show in the works.
Another MTV show to avoid! Sean Combs is a stuck up ego-maniac. I hope his show goes down the tubes quickly.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
As MTV last week cut a new deal for The Osbournes, in a negotiation apparently as bizarre as the family itself, other broadcast and cable networks are discovering that real life is just another form of reality programming.

The Osbournes has spawned its first knockoff, a reality series for E! Entertainment Television spotlighting former Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith. Rumors abound of more celebs, such as music mogul P. Diddy, wanting to be subjects.

But perhaps strangest of all is that it might be getting easier to feed viewers the concept of reality series than a documentary. Just look at the on-air promotions for upcoming documentary series: ABC's promos for The Hamptons resemble a steamy prime time soap; NBC's promos for its documentary Crime & Punishment have a distinct Law & Order feel.

Parts of ABC's "reality miniseries" The Hamptons, which premiered June 2, could be a Danielle Steel novel made into TV, instead of a documentary by Academy Award-winning documentarian Barbara Kopple.

In a case of intimidating television, Law & Order mastermind Dick Wolf is fronting NBC's "dramatery" Crime & Punishment, which follows the San Diego district attorney's office in the prosecution of cases over six months. Created by documentary filmmaker Bill Guttentag, each episode in the 13-part series focuses on a single case, with careful attention to character development and

http://www.tvinsite.com/index.asp?l...leid=CA220156&doc_id=88675&pubdate=06/03/2002

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.