DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Icon
Joined
·
712 Posts
I thought Pandora was part of the latest release. Is that not the case?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
Wisegoat said:
And when you get it, not all of the receivers on your account may get it at that time. The one in my son's room got it before the Office and Living Room. I still have the Master Bedroom DVR waiting on the Pandora update.
Reboot the unit that doesn't have it twice within 30 minutes. You should then get it after a few hours.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
149 Posts
I have the update, but Pandora and Youtube are missing from the Extras Menu.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
712 Posts
ke3ju said:
I have the update, but Pandora and Youtube are missing from the Extras Menu.
If you have an internet connection, then you should see YouTube and Pandora in Extras. I suggest you re-run network setup and network services setup, because many times after a firmware upgrade, you can lose your internet connection.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
15 Posts
I have an HR21-700 and an HR23-700. They finally got the 0x59E release yesterday.

Pandora starts off fine (pretty high audio level compared to most video channels), but within 20 seconds begins breaking up and becomes useless. It's not my internet connection, because various computers work fine with Pandora, and one internet-enabled Sony receiver can get Pandora.

I wonder if there are still issues, since apparently the HR-21 and HR-23-700 sets were among the last to get the upgrade.

We have the 'official' whole-home setup, and sharing between the DVRs works fine.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
149 Posts
allenn said:
If you have an internet connection, then you should see YouTube and Pandora in Extras. I suggest you re-run network setup and network services setup, because many times after a firmware upgrade, you can lose your internet connection.
I did as you suggested and re-ran the network setup. Says I have a connection to the Internet. I ran the Network Diag and all is well. Still no Youtube and Pandora. It's on all of my other boxes, just not the HR24-500...
 

· Icon
Joined
·
712 Posts
ke3ju said:
I did as you suggested and re-ran the network setup. Says I have a connection to the Internet. I ran the Network Diag and all is well. Still no Youtube and Pandora. It's on all of my other boxes, just not the HR24-500...
Do the D* Apps and video on demand work on the HR24-500?

If the new HD-UI firmware update has been applied to the HR24-500, and it is connected to the internet; then I suggest you contact D*.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
149 Posts
allenn said:
Do the D* Apps and video on demand work on the HR24-500?

If the new HD-UI firmware update has been applied to the HR24-500, and it is connected to the internet; then I suggest you contact D*.
Yes, they do work...
 

· Icon
Joined
·
712 Posts
ke3ju said:
Yes, they do work...
If the HR24-500 has 0x59E release and the internet connection works; then I am stumped. Maybe someone else in this thread will have an idea. Have you tried unplugging the DVR, and a double red button reset?
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
11,519 Posts
ke3ju said:
I have the update, but Pandora and Youtube are missing from the Extras Menu.
If Pandora and YouTube are still missing after 48 hrs of receiving the 0x59e update do a double reset within thirty minutes. This will clear the cache. Give it time to rebuild. Pandora and YouTube should be available.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
ke3ju said:
I did as you suggested and re-ran the network setup. Says I have a connection to the Internet. I ran the Network Diag and all is well. Still no Youtube and Pandora. It's on all of my other boxes, just not the HR24-500...
Reboot your HR24-500 twice within 30 minutes, using the menu reboot, and you should see them show up after a couple of hours. This has worked for others who have tried it.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
allenn said:
If the HR24-500 has 0x59E release and the internet connection works; then I am stumped. Maybe someone else in this thread will have an idea. Have you tried unplugging the DVR, and a double red button reset?
You really shouldn't be advising people to use the red button to reboot every time. The red button is there to reset the box when it locks up, not for reboots when the menu system is accessible. When possible users should use the reboot built into the menu system.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top