DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I block out which channels appear on the guide on my R15? I channel blocked them but they still appear in the guide for all channels. Just trying to prevent kiddies from seeing hot and juicy, etc.

Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
oscar madison said:
Yes, but is there a way to prevent my kids from changing the favorites to ALL channels and viewing the blocked channels?

THanks
Yes you go into Parental Controls and select Hide Adult Channels.Then you can block channels so it takes a password to access that channel.Then you create a password that you can remember easily and set the password and lock Parental Controls.;)

P.S. If for any reason you forget your password you will need to call DirecTV Tech Support to unlock your receiver.:sure:

Good Luck! :)

·
Legend
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jhon69 said:
Yes you go into Parental Controls and select Hide Adult Channels.Then you can block channels so it takes a password to access that channel.Then you create a password that you can remember easily and set the password and lock Parental Controls.;)

P.S. If for any reason you forget your password you will need to call DirecTV Tech Support to unlock your receiver.:sure:

Good Luck! :)
Hey, thanks that worked great. I don't see the same hide adult channels features on my D11. So I just have to make sure they don't watch that TV.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,792 Posts
oscar madison said:
Hey, thanks that worked great. I don't see the same hide adult channels features on my D11. So I just have to make sure they don't watch that TV.
Or you could go into Parental and block the channels you don't want them to view with a password.You could also set a $1. spending limit that should bring up a need for a password before purchase.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.