DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I unlock the parental controls if I don't know the password? I am not the original owner and have no way of knowing what the prior owner used as a password.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
JWH said:
How can I unlock the parental controls if I don't know the password? I am not the original owner and have no way of knowing what the prior owner used as a password.
The only way I know of, is a full format of the system... and possible having to change the Access Card

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
The only way I know of, is a full format of the system... and possible having to change the Access Card
Earl, does the access card govern the controls for the parental controls and would a new replacement resolve the issue?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
JWH said:
Earl, does the access card govern the controls for the parental controls and would a new replacement resolve the issue?
Have you tried calling D*? We had some laptops at work that someone long gone had set a BIOS password. Dell helped us out with an admin password (for lack of a better term).

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qwerty said:
Have you tried calling D*? We had some laptops at work that someone long gone had set a BIOS password. Dell helped us out with an admin password (for lack of a better term).
Thanks to all. I called D* and had the receiver remotely reset and everything is now fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.