Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, Earl...anybody.

Perhaps this is discussed elsewhere so appolgies. I've got an issue with the parental controls on the hr20. If set, and then overridden on a per program basis, it seems that any external stimulus, i.e. pausing the program, the real time clock hitting a particular hour or if playing back from the buffer the next program that has a higher rating on that channel "starts" before the buffer empties, it wants the parental control codes to be reinserted before continuing to allow access to the program you're watching. It is a real pain to be watching something and have to reinsert the code just beccause I paused the show to hit the can. Is this a known "feature"?
Thanks!

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
That would be a pain, but on the flip side, I can see where people may have asked for that. You're watching your most recent "parental controlled" recording and hit pause to hit the can. Your dear sweet daughter, who probably learned how to work the DVR faster than Mom did (no offense, moms, just a hypothetical), hits play and watches Daddy's show - much to the horror of Daddy when he gets back from the can.

I don't really know if that is a feature or not, but can see it happening.

Maybe just as much of a pain would be resetting the parental controls to a higher level while you are watching those programs to avoid that. I'm assuming the control is tied directly to the rating level and is not "captured" when the program is recorded. In other words, record a TV-MA program while the level is set to TV14. Later change the level to TV-MA so you can watch without the hassle. It's still not going to invoke the controls because the recording was made when the level was set to TV14, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.