DBSTalk Forum banner

Are you still experiencing partial or unwatchable recordings in EF?

• No, I have not had any partial or unwatchable recordings.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I have had one or more partial recordings.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • Yes, I have had one or more unwatchable recordings.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Yes, I have had some partial AND unwatchable recordings.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
I am holding off on answering this until I have at least 1 week under my belt.

So far this release has been functionally stable for me. To date, no unwatchables or Partials, but I have seen posts from others who have seen it. There was also another thread where and Earl has made a post where he hypotisises the issues still lurks within. I am not sure what the trigger is or what has to happen for this problem to pop up, but since I have been bit by it since I first received the HR20, I am not ready to say I am free of it yet. So far I just feel lucky under 0xef.

·
Legend
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btmoore said:
I am holding off on answering this until I have at least 1 week under my belt.

So far this release has been functionally stable for me. To date, no unwatchables or Partials, but I have seen posts from others who have seen it. There was also another thread where and Earl has made a post where he hypotisises the issues still lurks within. I am not sure what the trigger is or what has to happen for this problem to pop up, but since I have been bit by it since I first received the HR20, I am not ready to say I am free of it yet. So far I just feel lucky under 0xef.
I sort of feel the same way; as a matter of fact, I've been trying to force the issue by scheduling a lot of extra recordings during the day just to see if they'll mess up. So far since the EF download, I've gone through close to scheduled 50 recordings with no problems. Not sure if it's a coincidence, if I'm just lucky or what. Prior to this, I would say I had been averaging a partial every one or two days. I've been fortunate enough to only have one unwatchable in a month.

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Quick survey to see if people are still experiencing the partial and unwatchable bugs in EF. Look forward to your input.
So far so good, it handled last night very well with the goofy run times on NBC.

I'm not confident I won't see one though.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
wmschultz said:
Hey look ANOTHER poll..
Well at least this one is objective vs subjective. Either you have had one or both of the problems or you have not. As long as people understand what the unwatchable and Partial bugs are, it is not a bad question. My only issue with it is that the code has only been out a few days, if you were to vote now, you can not change it if over the weekend you get one or both of the bugs. Under the last release it took 4 days for me to see the unwatchable bug.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
I am still holding my final vote off until the after the weekend to see if I get an unwatchable bug, but I have just confirmed the Partial bug under 0xef.

Recommended new name - DirecTV HR20 DRV (Doesn't Record Video)

·
Icon
828 Posts
Darn, I hit the "no partial" vote but the only time I have had the problem in the past is with padded NASCAR races. I should have waited to vote until after this weekend's races.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Slyster said:
Ummm.. don't you think it's a little early to ask this? At least give it a week! or the weekend at the VERY least.
Maybe someone should start a poll to see if it's too early. Maybe the poll has not been posted long enough to gather opinions on the poll. Maybe we should wait.

·
Icon
828 Posts
rsblaski said:
Darn, I hit the "no partial" vote but the only time I have had the problem in the past is with padded NASCAR races. I should have waited to vote until after this weekend's races.
It seems that I truly was too quick with my voting finger.
Tonight I sat down with the wife to watch CSI from last night and lo and behold, we found it missing from the Now Playing list. Also missing were Shark and Letterman. All were recorded from the MPEG2, SD signal from the local CBS affiliate--the only net not in HD from LV. The SD recording from Speed channel's Whips was also missing.

All were found in the History list as "Partial."

I am starting to lose my patience with my two hr20s.

The improvement in the trick plays was very nice on 0xEF, but it's like D* is putting new wheels on an '07 Mercedes instead of repairing a bad transmission--it might make it look nicer but it's not going anywhere.

Their priority SHOULD be establishing a stable platform that they can then use to create the ultimate DVR.

I would rather have choppy FF and REW if all my programmed shows were recorded successfully than have smooth and fast FF and REW on only around 50% of the shows I really wanted to watch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.