DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So half the shows my HR20 was supposed to record yesterday were not showing up in MyVOD.

I go to the history, and FIVE of the 9 recordings show as "partial".

We live in an area with no storms or bad weather, and there are no trees in the way of the signal.

This is infuriating. I can see a show missed everyone once in a while, but over HALF of the shows? What is causing this? It's absurd that a DVR can't even record things properly.

I see people mentioning shows showing up as "deleted", but not many mentioning so-called "partial" recordings. Is this a common/known problem? Or is my unit bad?

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife said she was watching another mpeg4 recording last night while Lost and The Biggest Loser were being recorded.

I wonder if it's that this damn thing just can't handle recording two things while playing back another.

Whatever causes it, it needs to be fixed. I called directv and they gave me a whopping $5/mo credit for 6 months and claimed "a permanent fix is in the works". Which is funny because she claimed no one had reported it (to her at least). So I guess her supervisor has heard of it, or they just wanted to get me off the phone. Who knows.

Earl - is this bug being tracked and is it going to be fixed soon? Please say it's so..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.